Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week of November 24-26, 2014!

It was a jam packed short week this week! The feeling of Thanksgiving is in full swing around here and we have a classroom full of energetic children to prove it!  As we prepared for the holiday, the children participated in preparations for our Thanksgiving Feast.  They used child safe knives to cut the potatoes and potato mashers to smash the potatoes to make our mashed potatoes.  We also feasted on turkey, corn bread and cranberry sauce, family style!  We also referred to our feast as a "Friends-giving" and a celebration of friends. Yum!

In keeping with the theme of Thanksgiving, we read several books about the meaning of being thankful. We asked each child what they were thankful for and we received many thoughful answers that included being thankful for their families, siblings and pets.  All answers were written on a tag and each child hung their card on the thankful tree.  The thankful tree will be displayed in our classroom, come on in and check it out.  In the mean time, here are a few of the children's answers:

"I am thankful to go shopping with mom and dad to buy foods and drinks" 
"I am thankful for my buttons" 
"I am thankful that my mommy and daddy love me" 
"I am thankful for Ninja Turtles" 
"I am thankful for my mommy's hugs" 
"I am thankful for my mommy who reads books to me in bed because I am afraid of the dark" 

Reminders: 
- November Shutterfly pictures are up
- The MSPCA is our organization of the month for December, please begin to bring in your donations!
- Our monthly gathering will be at Panera Bread in Burlington on Saturday, December 13th at 3pm.  Please RSVP via Evite

 Cutting the Potatoes!
 Mashing the Potatoes!
 Getting ready for Friends-giving!
The Thankful Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment